• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its finnally here - Post your scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, Ihave written a heavy program that uses Avagadros Equation and uses the cpu to calculate it. This program will tell you how long it takes to calculate it.

A P4 2.4ghz usually takes 50 seconds and a 2.3ghz AMD takes around 60 seconds.

Program can be downloaded at http://home.earthlink.net/~eckyx3/data/Avagadro.exe

Please post your seconds and your system specs.

I pulled 25 seconds. The system in my sig is currently at 11.5x215 = 2478 (according to wcpuid).

I'm sure this is obvious to most people, but running a program that is introduced by someone as their first post is a bit risky...

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with this guy's program, but a bit of caution should be used.

Mark

i noticed one thing.
when my temps were 40 celcius, it would take me 42 seconds.
when my temps were 32 celcius it would take me 36 seconds

I think there may be a few amd optomizations that arent used by intel processors. That could acount for the difference.

Yes there is a few amd optimizations i found...ill fix it first thing in the morning tommorow.

Hmmmm,

The calculation only seems to load my CPU up to 50% load according to Windows task manager and it definatly ain't hyperthreaded according to the graphs. I gotta run two instances to get CPU load up to 100%, but, of course, that increases my times.

180secs "3mins" haha that was on a PII350@433Mhz I'll try and test it on a 1.8ghz celly tomrrow.

Back